Thursday, July 06, 2006

If Joe Biden was a reality television show, viewers would develop cringe lines on their faces

The Senator from Delaware is getting crap all over the internet, and from all sides, for what seems to me to be some completely harmless and tradition-steeped ethnic pandering.

Is nothing sacred?

Sure, it was awkward, but Joe Biden reading his grocery list would be awkward.

Anyway, I think he meant "you can not work at (not go to) a 7/11 or Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent."

Unless, of course, the "Indians from India" really are taking over our first state, and forcibly denying the palefaces their coffee and donuts. (A development Tom Friedman will surely
take credit for anticipating.)

If so, I will sleep easier knowing Senator Biden is on the case.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u spelled sacred wrong

JT said...

I've seen a lot of blogger write bad things about this "anonymous" guy, but he's done nothing but good for me.