Friday, May 11, 2007

Golf idiots

Between Youtube and the show Jackass I’ve seen my share of feats of pain plus dumb. My typical reaction is “that’s not something I would do, although if I was a different kind of person I could see it.” Not with this video. Maybe it’s because my experience with golf has taught me only that a struck ball moves with air breaking force and that its trajectory can’t be controlled, but this stunt is flirting with a Russian Roulette level of stupidity. I’m sure many of you are thinking it would have been better for humanity if the ball had struck about six inches to the left and a couple inches towards the ground. I disagree, and look forward to seeing what kind of stunts Jethro’s children and grandchildren will subject themselves to for the purpose of our enjoyment.

No comments: