Monday, September 24, 2007

To my surprise cops in Canada don't use horses


Judging by the newsreader's accent, these impressive feats of motorized police officering went down in Canada.

Which means, on the strength of this video, the cop who used his squad car to pull off the nifty, non-lethal submission hold -- or a "401 take down" -- is a lock to crack next year's list of the 100 Greatest Canadians of All Time. Keeping in mind this year's list had Shania Twain coming in at 16 and Bret "The Hitman" Hart at 39.

I'm not pointing out the country pop singer and the professional wrestler because their rankings seem too high -- although they certainly do for a nation of 33 million people and a multi-generational history. I'm really bringing them up because they are among the few people on the list I -- and I'm guessing most Canadians -- have ever heard of.

No comments: