Saturday, May 13, 2006

Sometimes we kid

It was just yesterday JSB suggested a good way for Bush to reverse his tumbling approval rating would be the release of more information concerning the administration's covert intelligence gathering efforts.

Lo and behold one James Clapper from one
National Geospatial Intelligence Agency has done his part, boasting of his agency's capabilities and assuring the public he's not afraid to point his satellites domestically.

Director Clapper also compared his agency's brand of intelligence to a "chess match."

Thanks for that, Director.

I recently compared intelligence gathering to a "really intense game of Chutes and Ladders."

I got nothing but blank stares. Now I know why.

But seriously, I'm surprised Director Clapper has been reading JSB. We are a fledgling blog with only 12 unique hits. While it's a thrill and a honor such an important man would take his cues from us, I would be remiss if I didn't mention my previous post was a joke.

I guess I'm already remiss. Once the terrorists realize we can see them from outer space, won't they just resort to a series of tunnels?

Vietnam all over again.

In sum, JSB has a small but influential readership, JSB needs to be more clear when we make jokes, and National Geospatial Intelligence Agencies shouldn't be seen or heard -- lest we want another Vietnam.

1 comment:

Waldo J. Cartridge said...

Deep. Very deep. Deep as a well.